Samsung Announces All-in-One VXT Platform for Effortless Digital Display Creation and ManagementShare open/close
Samsung VXT empowers businesses across verticals with a scalable, easy-to-use platform designed to effortlessly streamline operations
Samsung Electronics today announced the official launch of its Visual eXperience Transformation (VXT) platform, a cloud-native Content Management Solution (CMS) combining content and remote signage management on one secure platform. Designed with ease-of-use in mind, the all-in-one solution allows businesses to easily create and manage their digital displays.
“Cloud migration is an unstoppable trend,” said Alex Lee, Executive Vice President of Visual Display (VD) Business at Samsung Electronics. “VXT is an innovative step toward this migration in that it makes high-tech signage more readily accessible, no matter where our customers are. But not only is high-tech signage accessible, the content and remote management solutions VXT provides are user-friendly.”
Efficient Cloud-Native Solution for All Business Needs
Samsung VXT is the next evolution of CMS software from MagicINFO™, delivering an enhanced cloud-native solution tailored for seamless content creation and management of all B2B displays — including LCD, LED signage and The Wall. VXT streamlines the deployment and updating of software directly via a cloud portal, which eliminates the cumbersome process of manual updates. Registration of devices is designed for efficiency, as well, with a simple 6-digit pairing code that allows for quick and secure setup.
By streamlining digital signage operations and management, VXT offers a versatile solution that meets the needs of any sector, whether it be retail, hospitality, food and beverage or corporate. The solution has already received recognition from prominent partners such as Hy-Vee’s retail media network, RedMedia, which uses VXT CMS to manage a network of over 10,000 Samsung smart signage screens — including the QBR-Series, which has been installed across all of Hy-Vee’s grocery stores and retail locations.
Intuitive Content and Screen Management
Unlike other CMS solutions, VXT is a turnkey solution developed by Samsung that allows users to seamlessly create content and manage screens in one application. It consists of three CMS modules: VXT CMS, VXT Canvas1 and VXT Players, and each module makes content creation and screen management easier than ever:
- VXT CMS: Content management is simplified through an intuitive interface that simultaneously handles content, playlists and schedules. The remote management feature allows real-time management of multiple devices. Additionally, robust security features — such as private certificates — allow for customizable security solutions for every business need.
- VXT Canvas: What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG)-based creative tools that enable anyone to create content effortlessly and more intuitively with support for various templates, widgets and partner content. Users can create original content with custom and company fonts, as well as templates and images pre-loaded on the system for added convenience.
- VXT Players: VXT supports Tizen and Android-based players,2 while also managing multiple web elements simultaneously on one screen. Additionally, a web-based virtual screen allows users to easily view and manage their signage deployments.
VXT also combines content, solutions and expertise of third-party system integrators, software developers and content partners to provide users with access to an even broader range of incredible content, specific to vertical use cases, without the need for additional customization or development.3 Some of the notable Pre-Integrated Repeatable Solutions (PIRS) include:
- VXT Art: Users can access a diverse library of artwork and photos with just a few clicks, and content from various art museums and galleries can be used across businesses ranging from office spaces to restaurants and beyond.
- Link My POS: This solution enabled by Wisar Digital allows businesses to use VXT Canvas to pull product data from Point Of Sale (POS) systems, eliminating the need to manually enter data or export data. Link My POS improves overall efficiency and reduces pricing errors, which in turn saves time and money.
- Ngine Real Estate: This solution developed through a partnership with Ngine Networks lets businesses display properties that are for sale or rent by using VXT to forgo re-entering data when connecting directly to their platforms.
- Ngine Automotive: Cars, bikes and boats can be listed as for sale or rent by connecting directly to business displays, without needing to enter information. Messages can be resumed on social network platforms, as well. This solution has also been achieved by partnering with Ngine Networks.
Seamlessly Control and Manage from Anywhere
By offering compatibility with both desktop and mobile devices,4 Samsung VXT revolutionizes content management because it caters to both the advanced needs of desktop users and the convenience required by mobile users. This flexibility allows users to manage their content anytime, anywhere.
Furthermore, VXT is designed to substantially reduce downtime in digital signage operations. Through advanced modular architecture, VXT isolates and minimizes the impact of any potential failures, allowing users to swiftly address disruptions. VXT also comes with an early warning feature, which detects potential issues — such as extreme temperature changes or network instability — and alerts customers before failure occurs. This offers greater peace of mind by allowing users to take preemptive actions or speed up the recovery time.
VXT’s energy management tool offers an at-a-glance view of energy consumption levels, as well. Customers can optimize their energy use based on monthly insights and adjust settings like brightness levels and automatic on/off times accordingly.
Samsung will hold a global launch event of VXT on January 31 at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2024 in Barcelona. Designed as an omni-channel service, VXT will be accessible through various subscription plans, including both monthly and annual options. Customers can also make offline purchases through existing B2B sales channels worldwide, while online purchases will initially be made available in the U.S. before a subsequent global rollout in 2024. Prospective users can take advantage of a 60-day free trial before subscribing.
For more information on Samsung’s VXT platform, please visit https://vxt.samsung.com.
1 VXT CMS and VXT Canvas supported on Chrome browser only.
2 VXT is compatible with Android devices running Android 10 or higher, and with Tizen devices on Tizen 6.5 or higher.
3 For PIRS partner content, additional subscription payment is required.
4 VXT CMS and VXT Canvas supported on Chrome browser only.