Samsung Electronics Announces Annual Reorganization for 2016Share open/close
Samsung Electronics announced its annual structural reorganization to pre-emptively respond to business uncertainties while maintaining its three business divisions namely IM (IT & Mobile Communications), CE (Consumer Electronics), and DS (Device Solutions).
The company newly appointed the Head of the Digital Appliances Business and heads of the Mobile R&D Office for the Mobile Communications Business.
- Byungsam Suh, Executive Vice President, Head of the Digital Appliances Business
- Injong Rhee, Executive Vice President, Head of Software R&D, Mobile Communications Business
- Tae Moon Roh, Executive Vice President, Head of Hardware R&D, Mobile Communications Business
Samsung established new organizations that target and pursue new business initiatives to prepare for future growth.
The company established an automotive components team, which will initially focus on building its competencies in infotainment and autonomous driving vehicles. The operation will be headed by Executive Vice President Jonghwan Park and overseen by Vice Chairman & CEO Oh-Hyun Kwon.
In addition, the Visual Display Business established an AV business team, and the Mobile Communications Business established Mobile Enhancing team focusing on wearables and mobile-related accessories.
In response to the growth of online channel sales, the company is establishing online operations teams in Korea and Southwest Asia. It will also create dedicated online organizations within key business units.
In addition, the company strengthened its product planning and R&D organizations with a focus on emerging markets. A product strategy center was established in China with the aim of creating an end-to-end product planning and R&D platform for locally developed products. The company will also expand its local product planning and R&D functions in India.
Along with the structural reorganization, Samsung made new executive appointments.
- Kyung Tae Bae, Executive Vice President, Head of China Office
- BD Park, Executive Vice President, Head of Korea Office
- Jae Soon Park, Executive Vice President, Head of Global Sales & Marketing, Digital Appliances Business
- Yoo Young Kim, Senior Vice President, Head of Africa Office
- Seung Hwan Cho, Executive Vice President, Deputy Head of Software Center
The Device Solutions Division plans to prepare for rapidly changing market conditions in the semiconductor industry by focusing on streamlining internal operations and increasing productivity while seizing new business opportunities.
Press Resources > Press Release