Samsung Helps Make Homes Smarter This Holiday SeasonShare open/close
The holidays are hectic – dinners to plan, guests to entertain, shopping to do, lights to hang – but home doesn’t have to be. Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a leader in the connected home category, is setting out to show consumers how they can easily make their home run more efficiently this season with a few simple and smart solutions from the Samsung SmartThings™ ecosystem.
To show how easy it is, Samsung is working with the residents of South 13th Street in Philadelphia to help make their spectacular light display even brighter this season. Residents are using Samsung SmartThings™ Outlets to automate holiday indoor décor, SmartThings partner GE Z-Wave Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switches to manage outdoor lights and the Samsung SmartThings Hub to manage home settings from afar when traveling. The free SmartThings app is available on Android and iOS, and there is no monthly fee or subscription for the Samsung SmartThings devices.
“We know for many people, setting up their smart home can seem like a huge undertaking,” said Bill Lee, Vice President of Smart Home Product Marketing at Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “The residents of Miracle on South 13th Street in Philadelphia show that you can start small by easily integrating smart technology into existing set-ups, and then grow as your needs evolve. As lights go up and guests arrive, the holidays are a great time to start small and implement a few smart solutions to more simply manage the home and get more control over your daily routine.”
For more than a dozen years, the residents of Miracle on South 13th Street have outfitted their homes in spirited holiday décor that attracts tourists nationwide. This year, the homes will go even further with Samsung SmartThings – making holiday lights and décor easier to manage and more energy efficient. Samsung SmartThings devices conveniently add intelligence to daily routines, connecting hundreds of compatible smart products and controlling them right from a smart phone. With no monthly fees or subscription, consumers have the flexibility to grow their connected ecosystem as their needs evolve.
The Samsung SmartThings ecosystem enables consumers to simply automate their daily routines. From multipurpose sensors that help manage home heating when temperatures drop, to smart outlets turning conventional electronics into connected devices, the Hub becomes the brain connecting products to control home more conveniently from any Android or iOS mobile device. For example, install the Hub and:
- Use the Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor to see if the door to the closet hiding holiday gifts has been opened by children whose curiosity has gotten the best of them.
- Connect the Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor with a “Works with SmartThings” partner GE Z-Wave Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch to power on outdoor holiday lights as soon you pull into the driveway.
- Use the entire Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit and Water Sensor to keep tabs on your home while you’re traveling during the holiday so there are no leaky pipe surprises when you get back.
- Help your holiday guests navigate your home by placing a Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor in the hallway, triggering smart lights to illuminate the way to the bathroom when they wake late at night.
- Remotely turn off devices you accidently have left on when you’re out holiday shopping.
According to Best Buy, home networking support comprises a growing portion of the five million house calls that Geek Squad agents, the nation’s largest tech support task force, make all over the U.S. every year. Local Best Buy Geek Squad agents are available to help consumers, just like the South 13th Street residents, make their most of their smart homes. For more ideas, tips and tricks, consumers can visit their local Best Buy where Geek Squad agents are at the ready.
To learn more about Samsung Smart Home, please visit: www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/ or download the free SmartThings app for Android and iOS devices.
Source: US Newsroom